City Business License
Any business or business entity engaged in any occupation, trade, profession, or other business activity conducted for gain or profit in the City, except those activities that qualify as a transient business, shall obtain a business license. The fee for those licenses shall remain the same as they were this past calendar year: The current fee is $65 for Full Time (January-December) and $32.50 for Part Time or Occasional. Contact City Hall at (859) 498-8725 if you have any questions. ORDINANCE 13-2019 BUSINESS LICENSE REQUIREMENT AND FEE.pdf
Business license application - Business License Application.pdf
The following businesses have not obtained/renewed Business License for 2019 and/or 2020: Delinquent Business Licenses as of December 31, 2020.pdf
Spring is here at that means FOOD TRUCKS! Although food trucks are welcome, there are steps that must be taken to receive permission to operate within the city limits.
1. If you are setting up on private property, you must receive permission from the property owner.
2. Obtain an inspection from the Health Department and the Fire Department.
3. Possess general liability insurance.
4. Obtain a BUSINESS LICENSE (see above) from the City. To obtain a license, you must present proof of items #1-3 with application.
5. Food trucks are required to collect a restaurant tax. The City Clerk can provide you the required paperwork for submission.
click here for ZONING MAP of city