Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Welcome to
Mount Sterling

FY 2021-2022 Budget

The Mount Sterling City Council has approved the budget for the coming year (July 2021 to June 2022).  2021-2022 City Budget.pdf. Contact City Hall at (859) 498-8725 if you have any questions. 

Property Tax Notice

NOTICE TO ALL CITY PROPERTY OWNERS - Notice of Publication of Delinquent Taxes:

Under the provisions of KRS 134.420 The City of Mt. Sterling hereby asserts it's liens upon the attached listed properties for unpaid real estate and tangible taxes for 2020. 2020 DELINQUENT PROPERTY TAXES as of June 4, 2021.pdf

You may obtain a copy of your tax bill  online @

Payments can be made in person at City Hall Monday thru Friday during the hours of 9AM to 3PM. Payments can also be mailed to: City of Mt. Sterling, 33 North Maysville Street, Mt. Sterling, KY 40353. You may also choose to use our convenient Mail Drop Box located at City Hall. 

All payments should be made out to the City of Mt. Sterling and should include a copy of your tax bill or the bill number. If you wish for a receipt to be mailed to you, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. 

You may also pay your tax bill using a credit card HERE

City Business License

Any business or business entity engaged in any occupation, trade, profession, or other business activity conducted for gain or profit in the City, except those activities that qualify as a transient business, shall obtain a business license. The fee for those licenses shall remain the same as they were this past calendar year: The current fee is $75 for Full Time (January-December); $37.50 for Part Time or Occasional; and $100 for Mobile Vendors (Food Trucks). Contact City Hall at (859) 498-8725 if you have any questions. ORDINANCE 13-2019 BUSINESS LICENSE REQUIREMENT AND FEE.pdf

Business license application - Business License Application.pdf

The following businesses have not obtained/renewed Business License for 2021: Delinquent Business License as of June 2021.pdf

Food Trucks

Summer is here at that means FOOD TRUCKS! Although food trucks are welcome, there are steps that must be taken to receive permission to operate within the city limits. MOBILE FOOD UNIT VENDOR ORDINANCE.pdf

1. If you are setting up on private property, you must receive permission from the property owner. 

2. You must obtain an inspection from the Health Department and the Fire Department. 

3. You must possess general liability insurance. 

4. You are required to obtain a BUSINESS LICENSE (see above) from the City. To obtain a license, you must present proof of items #1-3 with application. 

5. Food trucks are required to collect a restaurant tax. The City Clerk can provide you the required paperwork for submission. 


click here for ZONING MAP of city




TOURISM - Mount Sterling is THE PLACE TO BE!  Check out our PARKS and RECREATION!